The Sims Team has released two tools that allow you to unleash your creativity in The Sims 3! These tools are available for download for free and below is some information about them.
The Sims 3 Create a World
The Sims 3 Create a World tool, also called CAW, is a very powerful tool. It’s a rather large download and that’s because of its functionality. The tool allows you to build, sculpt, and design worlds for your Sims to live in. You know Sunset Valley? Starlight Shores? This tool allows you to create worlds just like those! It takes quite a bit of patience and time to build a world for The Sims 3 and here are all of the things the Create a World tool is capable of.
- Design entire worlds for your Sims, from choosing terrain patterns and roads to placing lots, vegetation and neighborhood accents like water towers and lighthouses.
- Start with a blank canvas, or modify the terrains that formed the basis of Sunset Valley or Riverview.
- For advanced designers, bring your creativity to life by creating and importing designs from Photoshop and other graphics programs.
- Expand your landscape features and building options with The Sims 3 Create a World Tool – Beta with all The Sims 3 expansion or stuff packs, or items from The Sims 3 Store.
- Share your worlds through The Sims 3 Exchange.
The Sims 3 Create a Pattern
The Sims 3 Create a Pattern tool, also called CAP, is another tool. While Create a Pattern is not as powerful Create a World, Create a Pattern allows you to create, edit, and design patterns to use in the game on your Sims furniture, clothing, walls, or wherever you can use the Create a Style tool in the game. The Create a Pattern tool can import images and you can further design or customize it with stickers and overlays to make the pattern unique. The Create a Pattern tool also allows you to preview your patterns as how they would look on walls and furniture before you export them and install them into your game.
- As the official pattern tool for The Sims 3, The Sims 3 Create a Pattern Tool makes it easy for you to make your own patterns and ensures that your designs and game will remain intact.
- Apply your newly created patterns to your Sims’ furniture, clothing, floors, walls, and more!
- This powerful yet easy-to-use tool is perfect for all types of users ranging from beginners to advanced designers.
- Preview your patterns in 3D with the click of a button, then export directly to your game.
- Show off your creations to Sims fans around the world through The Sims 3 Exchange.